We’ve all suffered the frustration of having something go wrong in our home, ye this frustration is even worse when it’s an easily preventable problem. When it comes to drains, taking the right steps to prevent a problem occurring in the first place is definitely better than having to go through drain repairs in Etobicoke.
Drains serve a number of purposes in your property and their importance is often overlooked – until you have a problem. Whether it’s a drain for waste outside your home or a drain in a faucet, they perform the valuable, much-needed task of removing waste from your home and directing it towards the sewers, saving you from having to give a second thought to where it all goes.
Issues with your drains could prove to be a huge problem in a number of ways.
- Blocked drains could lead to flooding, which could be catastrophic for your home, ruining walls, floors, furniture and even calling into question the structural integrity of your property.
- Drains that are blocked could also see a larger build up of bacteria than usual, increasing the risk of you or your family becoming ill as a result of poorly maintained drains.
- Given the nature of what passes through drains, a blockage or lack of maintenance could result in a foul smell taking hold in your home – absolutely not ideal!
- Stagnant water is a breeding ground for mosquitos and other pests, which could cause several problems for you and whoever lives in your home and the surrounding area
All of these problems could end up costing a lot to remedy, especially if you’re either unsure of how to fix them or just a little squeamish. However, you’ll be pleased to know that they’re all easily preventable.
Preventing the Need for Drain Repairs in Etobicoke
There are several easy things that you can do to prevent the need for drain repairs in Etobicoke.
- Be careful with what you put in them! Grease is notorious for clogging drains in the kitchen, whilst hair and soap scum cause a lot of problems in the bathroom. By disposing of grease in the trash and using a screen over your drain in the bathroom, you can prevent blocks from occurring in the future, saving money, time and effort.
- By using hot water with vinegar or bleach, you can help to remove any potential obstructions from the pipes, which will work towards preventing blockages from happening.
- If you have a disposal in your sink, running ice cubes containing a mix of vinegar and water (or lemon, if you’re not a fan of vinegar) through it will help to remove the grease from its walls.
Prevention – Cheaper and Easier than the Cure
Blocked drains can be nasty business, both for your health and your wallet, so make sure you take heed of the simple tips above to make drain repairs in Etobicoke a thing of the past.