A plumbing retrofit is something that people frequently overlook, often assuming that the only options they have are to either stick with their existing plumbing fixtures or to completely replace them. But often a plumbing retrofit is a far more efficient option in many ways. For those of you who are not entirely sure of what a plumbing retrofit is, it’s the process of replacing or adding a component or accessory that was not part of the plumbing fixture when it was manufactured or installed, thus improving its operational performance. We’re going to talk about some of the benefits of doing so during this article to help any Mississauga or Etobicoke homeowners that are unsure of whether it’s the right option for their property.
The Benefits of Investing in a Plumbing Retrofit
The plumbing in your home plays a major role in everyday life, removing waste products, supplying you with water and allowing your home to remain a hygienic and safe environment to live in. Some of the main benefits of retrofitting this system and the associated fixtures include:
- Cut Your Water Bills – While not as significant as the cost of home heating and electric, you still likely spend several hundred dollars on water every single year. If you’re like most other homeowners in Mississauga and Etobicoke that we’ve worked with, any opportunity to reduce that expenditure is one that is worth exploring. A plumbing retrofit allows you to replace inefficient components with newer technology that ensures no water is wasted unnecessarily in your home.
- Cost Effective – If your home improvement budget is tight, replacing your plumbing fixtures altogether might be out of the question. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t make improvements. A plumbing retrofit allows you to improve the performance of your plumbing system at a significantly lower cost than would be required for the installation of brand new fixtures.
- Maintain Aesthetics – Many times we encounter homeowners that are extremely happy with their bathroom area aesthetically, but they have issues with the performance of key fixtures. Replacing these fixtures can change the appearance of the room significantly, but a plumbing retrofit allows you to maintain the same aesthetic and resolve any problems at the same time.
- Greater Longevity – Sometimes routine maintenance isn’t always enough to extend the lifespan of our plumbing as much as we would like, but by replacing one or two key components you can get more use out of the same fixture and get the best value for each dollar you spend.
- Increase Property Value – Any home that has plumbing issues is unlikely to achieve its true potential in terms of valuation, since a surveyor would consider these issues to be serious. However, a plumbing retrofit offers you a cost effective solution that can change that valuation drastically based on the fact that it makes your home a much more investible opportunity.